Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator Message end of path

Creator
Creator

I am trying to output my Operator Message as the last block within my End of Path Events, However, it always outputs the message before it even triggers the End of Path.

I have the proc PB_CMD_MOM_operator_message in the End of Path area but this outputs it both before AND within the End of Path.

I don't really want to write another UDE just for this, if I can get away using the existing Operator Message UDE, that would be a treat.

Do any of you know how to govern where the End of Path Event UDE's are output?

For ref. I am using NX 7.5.

Any help is much appreciated.

4 REPLIES

Re: Operator Message end of path

In case you are not aware, if you are putting this in the end of path UDEs, then the order of the events being sent to the post is fixed. The procs are called when the events are received.

From the docs:

When you post process a tool path, the data is output in the following order:

1. Start of program

2. User-defined events (UDEs) attached to the program

3. Start of parent group (program, machine tool, geometry, method)

4. UDEs attached to the parent group

5. UDEs attached to the geometry with program, machine tool, geometry, method commands

6. UDEs attached to the method with Start Events

7. UDEs attached to the cutting tool with Start Events

8. UDEs attached to the machine tool with Start Events

9. Start of operation

10. Tool change (not Load tool)

11. UDEs attached to the operation with Start Events

12. Initial move

13. UDEs attached to the operation with End Events

14. End of operation

15. UDEs attached to the geometry with End Events

16. UDEs attached to the method with End Events

17. UDEs attached to the cutting tool with End Events

18. UDEs attached to the machine tool with End Events

19. End of program

I don't if you can delay the output in yout post.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

1) Note the above is when you post an OPERATION, - if you post a GROUP, it is slightly different. (yes, there is an IR somewhere on this - hopefully it will be added to the docs soon)

2) To a certain extent, you can effect the above using the "marker" UDEs (tool_change_marker, start_marker, return_marker, etc.), but note that these events have to exist (start_marker is meaningless if there is no avoidance "start" point).  And primarily it only tweaks the output in steps 10-13 of Mark's list. 

3) If you need more control that the above gives you, you need to do "post magic" to store the data when the UDE event gets triggered (i.e. NOT output anything RIGHT THERE) and then output it where you want.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

in attachement my documantation to the order of events. Perhaps it helps. Smiley Happy

Best regards

Werner

Creator
Creator
Many thanks for all your responses. I've made a note for future reference on the order of events.
I've decided to create another UDE for an end of operation message and add it to the end of path.
Seems a shame we can't control the order of events, I would of thought there would be a way to jiggle this somehow.

Thanks again y'all.

Learn online

Solution Information