Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Organize the CAM Process

Genius
Genius
Hello Stefan,

for most users using MLP would be too expensive licensewise (did I invent a new word?).
Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 12.0.1.7 D2
In testing NX 12.0.1.7 MP4

Genius
Genius

From at least NX11.0.2 on (or NX11.0.1 already?) using identical parts as Part is not required anymore. Using option Positioning Type = CSYS instead of Part in the IPW Transfer dialog in the Blank definition does the trick.

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 12.0.1.7 D2
In testing NX 12.0.1.7 MP4

Creator
Creator

Is anyway to specify a clearance to Check Geometry ?

Because the Tool is avoiding the Check Geomerty at 0 mm, not funny !

Can I specify like 1mm clearance to this ?

Or I have to fake the Check geometry by 1 mm ?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Look under the Stock tab of the Cutting Paramters. There is a Check Stock parameter.

Check.jpg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I typically use jkane1's latter suggestion for time considerations in tightly controlled cost environment where productivity and waste are tracked in .25 hour increments. Every part is in a stand alone file which contains all machining including multiple setups.  Also, file portability is simple with a single file should I need to share a file to someone off site.

I used to have programs in a machining-only part file so the part component is not a huge file to open in the main assembly but I found I was not saving significant time because the workstations and networks are fast enough to handle it.  It's not like the old days when hardware limitatons played a larger role in planning a work flow.

NX 12.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information