Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PB - Custom Canned Cycle Tutorial

Legend
Legend

Does anyone know where we can find a tutorial on how to make a new/custom Canned Cycle (sinumerik preferably) in Post Builder?

- How to init cycle parameters, required blocks, etc

- Best practice(es); whether UDE, Custom Templates, etc

- How and when to call the macro

Online help files, pdf, video... anything could be a good starting point for getting started with this.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: PB - Custom Canned Cycle Tutorial

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

I tried it once so here is approach I used:

1. enable ude editor and go to the canned cycle section,

2. RMB to add new cycle.

3. then you can work with it like with any other UDE - create variables, values, .. in the end copy it to ude.cdl in NX to see it in drilling dialog as new cycle option.

4.  new cycle is created in postbuilder -  so you can add template blocks, macro, etc and work like any cycle.

aa.jpg

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Legend
Legend

Thanks for helping out Juraj, I could do with some on this one as I've never really had to create a new cycle or customize any. Didn't find any good tut on the subject of creating & calling new cycles so I tought I'd ask you guys.

I'm trying to implement CYCLE959 in NX/ISV. We've loaded this in the ctrl last week and gave it a GO Pass. Now it's just a matter of getting it to work with verification. (see CYCLE959)

So far I have the cycle's *.SPF file loaded in the Program Manager. I can simulate the cycle using a crude "UDE > Insert txt" essentially using the parameters from the control back in the UDE/Insert cmd and parsing this to NX. But... has to be a better way ;-)

Do you know how to call a custom cycle from a UDE and initiate all those required params e.g. fixture offset, plane, cutcomp, etc? Any MOM Template(s) that deals with this?

Solution Partner Phenom

Hi again,

I am not sure if this will help but you can check this out -

when you creathe a lathe pp with library sinumeric controler there is rouging and some other cycles handled.

Just turn on cycle output in operation and this will be the output:

N30 DIAMON
N40 T0
N50 M06
N60 G54
N70 G96 S0 M03
N80 G961 G00 X160. Z-35. D01
N90 CYCLE95("ROUGH_TURN_OD:ROUGH_TURN_OD_END",8.,0.,0.,0.,250.,250.,250.,1,0.,0.,0.)
N100 G00 Z-63.234
N110 Z-35.
N120 M30

N130 ROUGH_TURN_OD:
N140 G01 X50. Z-60.
N150 G03 X56. Z-63. I0.0 K-3.
N160 G01 Z-90.
N170 X84.
N180 X90. Z-93.
N190 Z-120.
N200 X116.
N210 ROUGH_TURN_OD_END:

Maybe you can rework it like you want..

Legend
Legend

ah! good idea, I'll have a look at those lathe PP and try to figure out how this was done. Thanks for that tip!

In a meantime, if you or anyone know of relevant Help Files or Online Intro/tutorials on how to create and manage custom cycles please let us know.

Solution Partner Phenom

I think you cant just create any machining cycle and handle it in easy way, because cycles like drilling are generated from NX as event,

lathe rough, finish cycle,  - when you turn machine cycle output on -  there is some cycle event aswell.

PS: In development there is hole milling and thread milling cycle output in process what is great news.

Legend
Legend

Done it with a UDE and user defined blocks/expressions. Took a whole lot of params but it works and performs perfectly. I obviously gave up on the idea of having a custom cycle dedicated to this.

Thanks for the heads up Juraj, I tend to agree with you that custom cycles aren't the best approach in a case like that.

Regards

C.

Learn online

Solution Information