Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PLMworld 2015 - abstract topics?

Folks -

As you may have seen from an email/post by Ric Hotchkiss, we're doing things differently for abstracts for PLMworld 2015.

(Thanks to Ric for providing text I could steal)

a. Rather than have an open invitation to submit any abstract members' would like to present, the Officers are attempting to create a list of presentation topics that they think would be valuable.

b. They will then send a request for presenters that would be interested in presenting on those selected topics (note abstracts outside those topics might still be selected, if sufficiently interesting, but priority would be given to the abstracts fitting in the topics)

c. They are asking the SIG leaders to help generate the list.

d. I am asking you to help me generate the list so please send me the CAM topics you would be interested in seeing presented (so I'm not working in a vacuum)

Topics I've thought of:

1) Migrating CAM config files to be stored in Teamcenter

2) Creating machinable geometry

3) Anybody using the new holemaking module? status?

4) User "success" stories - how you were able to do something; things that worked, things that didn't work

And the usual Siemens "what's new" presentations

Thanks...Ken

PLMworld CAM SIG chair.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

6 REPLIES

Re: PLMworld 2015 - abstract topics?

Ken,

I also would like to hear about how people are using the new holemaking module. Another topic I would be interested in is more information in the howto of multi-part programming. Also I thought there was a way to do multi-stage programming using assemblies and if so I certainly would like to see more on that topic.

Thanks

Ken,

I have a question for you. Is the new Manufacturing Forum making the Plm World Conference obsolete? There is so much great content in the forum (a very good thing) it seems that the conference will be mostly dedicated to the new and future release information. I have used the conference in years past to try to find answers to issues I have had and see how others are using the software. Much of that is now covered by the Manufacturing Forum and I have access to it right now rather than once a year. Again this is a good thing but it does seem to take something away from the conference.

Thanks

Randy -

Are you asking about the conference itself or the PLWmorld hosted forums?

The Conference itself was what I was wondering about.

I see the tech tips on theis community as being (mostly, if not entirely) supplied by Siemens.

PLMworld gives an opportunity to see what other users are doing.

What works and (sometimes more importantly) what doesn't work.

It is also an opportunity to talk to other users and Siemens folks directly

Thanks Ken

Learn online

Solution Information