cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST_BUILDER HELP

Creator
Creator

How to edit the post file so that when exporting NC file there is an alert when the program has a feed rate is mmpr

2 REPLIES

Re: POST_BUILDER HELP

Phenom
Phenom

if feedrate mode is MMPR do you want output alert ?

-in nc code?

-show alert in nx?

-do you want to abort postprocessing?

anyway,

to abort postprocess:

use MOM_abort,  read documentation how it works

if  { feedrate mode is MMPR}  {

MOM_abort " mesage you want to see"

}

to show alert in nx:

use MOM_display_message, read documentation how it works

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Re: POST_BUILDER HELP

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Or "MOM_output_to_listing_device", which writes to the "Information" window (which you can later print for reference of the issues you have to fix).

Personally, I tend to _prefer_ to NOT use MOM_abort - as you only find the ONE error that caused the abort.  User fixes that one issue, reposts, gets another MOM_abort.  Fix that issue, post, another MOM_abort. - user is debugging CAM file one issue at a time.

The nice thing about MOM_output_to_listing_device is you can list all the errors.  Using mom_operation_name (and/or mom_tool_name), user can be told where issues are.  Post once, then user can fix a bunch of issues.  Post again, fix another bunch of issues.  So in in a couple "post" commands, all issues can be found/fixed.

You could set a variable, and if any issues that are serious enough, you can delete the posted code in the "end of program" event (so user can't download it to machine).

Note I *do* use MOM_abort *occasionally*- e.g. on 5 axis machine if no vald rotary axis position exists for some orientation, or other REALLY serious error.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information