Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

POST BUILDER erro

Hello

I wanna changed the setting of robot post in NX 11 but there is an error (attachment).

The mention error didnt appear for milling post.

Thank you for your help

16 REPLIES

Re: POST BUILDER erro

Hello Meysam

I suggest that you also check the NX Log File as usually there is more useful information in the logfile that we can use to help solve the issue.

Regards

Paul

Hello,

You cant change the robot post with Postbuilder because the are created with Postconfigurator.

Please use Postconfigurator when you want to change something.

regards

There is no PB version of postprocessor?

For some people it could be serious problem.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

When you see on the Picture (Icon) you can see that it is NX11 Postbuilder.

But as I said, it is not possible to open an PostConfigurator Post with Postbuilder!!

As far as I know in instaled machines are folders with PB postprocessors and folders for PC postprocessors. In robots files I see no folder with PB postprocessor - am just saying people using PB may have problem.

[ Edited ]

Post Configurator should not be able to open a Post Builder post. If you were able to do this, please log a call with GTAC.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

MarkRief wrote:

Post Builder should not be able to open a Post Builder post. If you were able to do this, please log a call with GTAC.

Shouldn't that read "PB should not be able to open a PC post"?

It might just be a problem with PB not offering the required pre-processing to support robots.

In my opinion robots might need more information beforehand, than regular CNC machines.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I am just saying it is pitty there is no postprocessor version for Postbuilder like in other instaled machines kits.

To be honest I dont believe that somebody would investigate ER opening PC post files in PB but you can try it @Meysam. If yes It would be great Smiley Happy

Stefan_Pendl wrote:

MarkRief wrote:

Post Builder should not be able to open a Post Builder post. If you were able to do this, please log a call with GTAC.

Shouldn't that read "PB should not be able to open a PC post"?

It might just be a problem with PB not offering the required pre-processing to support robots.

In my opinion robots might need more information beforehand, than regular CNC machines.

Sorry about that - typing on the run. I fixed the original - PC should not be able to open PB.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information