Did you mean: 

POSTBUILDER encrypt output

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello,

when I am saving post named "postprocessor" I can use this check box:

Snímka.JPG

It create one extra file postprocessor_tcl.txt

Can you give me some information how this works?

Or can you give me some steps how to use it properly?

Thank you for anwers

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #
6 REPLIES

Re: POSTBUILDER encrypt output

Phenom
Phenom
I haven't ever seen a post delivered with that encryption. Last I knew - Janus didn't (for instance.) It was a proprietary encryption designed by the postbuilder guru at Siemens for PB (patented at that time I think.) I always wished I could be a partner (or whatever) to use it. They don't seem to be using it for PC (their encrypting in that.) I bet if something broke with it (but maybe that isn't possible) - Siemens would not care about fixing it. From what I saw - it seemed nice. You didn't need any open tcl. Sorry to respond with no real experience or answer.
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Ok, doesnt matter, thank you.

I just see in every saving this dialog with check  - I supposed there is some reason of its existence.

I was looking for some technique to protect files (tcl,def) because some customers edit tcl manually == problems

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Phenom
Phenom
I would say it is great (ease and not having people edit the tcl.) I just don't see it when I open postbuilder with the installs I have used. I assume it is because I have to buy a license or have some partner status.Also - I am not sure if it will be supported forever.
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Phenom
Phenom
I saw it when a partner (that worked around me) opened it. Also a former Siemens employee mentioned it as well. Then inquired and they told me about it. I encrypted a post and used it on their machine (has been a few years.)
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

All,

give it a try to use the Post Configurator, that supports encryption and a feature to protect the post for specific SOLDTO and for a limited time be an end date.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Juraj, 

This is an internal encryption option that should not be used by customers. I would strongly advise not to use this encryption for your post processors, as it is bound to certain license options that may not be available to you or your customers. 

Regards,

Florian Weisse

Learn online

Solution Information