Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Parse error in CSE

I'm building a CSE kit for a Roders 5 axis mill.  Roders uses many customized commands and formats but otherwise not much different from Fanuc or Okuma I guess.

The parser doesn't like to see "\" in the code.  I'm trying to tweak the MCF file to accept it but no luck so far!

The following is a sample of the command line I'm working with:

VAR \$H=0 //ADJUSTABLE ZERO HEIGHT

The double "/" is commentary data and the "\" is working code which must be parsed.  Any tips for me?  I'm thinking I may be able to assign the Controller out and in codes via a fanuc variable but not sure about the "\".  I believe it's a control character within the CSE language?

Thanks

George

George R. Bennett
GRB Consulting
W7 Ult
Various NX versions from 6 to 9
Dell Precision M6700
14 REPLIES

Re: Parse error in CSE

Hello,

if the syntax of the Roeders controller includes tokens which are different as Fanuc or Okuma, the parser will not support that controller type.

For example that // is the comment instead of ; in Sinumerik or () in Fanuc if will not be possible to customize that in MCF or CFF. That is done by the parser and is not valid syntax from Sinumerik either Fanuc nor Okuma.

So I see it as an Enhancement request to provide Roeders Controller through CSE.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

This is a dilemma for me Thomas.  I didn't expect a brick wall for this project, maybe a stumbling block or two. Smiley Happy

If I have to I can probably talk the users into using two posts, one with commentary data for the machine and one without for ISV.

But what about the single backslash?  I cannot get the MCF to ignore it or process it.

Also, there are many man readable commands in the program:

TCORROFF

RMO

MACOOR

LOADZERO

etc.

I assume I can parse these in the same manner as the 840D or TNC.  Actually this format is more like Okuma than Fanuc.  I cannot find an Okuma template MCF.  is there one in the system anywhere?

Thanks for the help.

George

George R. Bennett
GRB Consulting
W7 Ult
Dell Precision M6700

Thomas, I've done more experimenting to no avail.  BTW, I found an Okuma CSE kit in NX9 samples.  I'll spend a bit more time on it but I expect it may be a dead end.  The prospective NX CAM customer was expecting a CSE kit but I may have to build an MTD instead.  It's been a while but I expect I'll manage it.

So I am all for the ER to include Roeders machines in the CSE templates.  I am also thinking that the CSE developer should have the option to switch off the parser and just be completely generic so he can write customized code for everything that comes up.  Or is there a CSE Controller in the library that allows this?  What does the Standard DIN 66025 do about parsing?

Thanks again

George

George R. Bennett
GRB Consulting
W7 Ult
Dell Precision M6700

Hi George,

yes you are right. MTD is one option and available today.

With NX9.0 we introduced the concept of a configurable parser concept. That is working and OOTB we ship Fanuc and TNC optional as an configurable Python Parser. The idea is customizing small enhancements in the parser instead waiting core development has created a new parser DLL. Furthermore this should also allow partners to customize a new parser (e.g. Roeders) on their own if that parser is not available and shipped with NX.

Unfortunately we are not ready with the related documentation and without that it doesn't make sense to provide that to an wider audience.

Thomas

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

[ Edited ]

In NX9 the parser can be expanded using python scripts, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Ninjad by Thomas Smiley Sad

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Thank you gents.  I'll get there one way or the other Smiley Happy

George

George R. Bennett
GRB Consulting
W7 Ult
Dell Precision M6700

My customer is on NX8.0.  Will this work for him?

I see the Python option in the Implementation drop down.  I think I'll get started on the MTD and learn about Python on the side.  I downloaded Python 3.4.  is that a good starting point?

Thanks

George

George R. Bennett
GRB Consulting
W7 Ult
Dell Precision M6700

We have used the CSE from NX8.5 in NX7.5 due to fixes and enhancements, so it should be possible to use the CSE from a later NX release in an older NX release.

Sorry can't comment on Python.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hi George,

the new Python parser concept works for version NX9.0 and later.

For NX8.0 MTD is the only way I see in the moment.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information