Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Parse error in CSE

Innovator
Innovator

I was afraid of that Thomas.

I'd like to try it just so I can rule it out for sure with my customer.  Can you point me in the right direction for getting started?  Beyond setting the drop down to Python, I'm not sure how to actually make it happen.

Thanks

George

George R. Bennett
GRB Consulting
W7 Ult
Various NX versions from 6 to 9
Dell Precision M6700

Re: configurable parser concept

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

Hi

Does anyone have any information concerning using Python to configure CSE files.

The output seems to be compiled and uneditable.

Trying to adapt a Fanuc Family controller to cope with a Mazak EIA output

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Andrew Jeffreys

Phenom
Phenom

Not much - but I know that pyc's are compiled and py's are the source ones. If a py exists it will use that. As far as getting the py version - I am not sure how you can get them other than to ask GTAC. The parser used to be dll but now can be python. The parser turns G code into "metadata" that is the format that ccf/mcf need to interpret. If you have a complaint by cse about parsing - you have to modify the parser. Siemens is shipping python parsers now for okuma and fanuc. Siemens is still dll.

NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Phenom
Phenom
What codes are you having a problem with? I happen to be just starting to look at this same thing. For most of what I have seen - the mitsubishi "fanuc-like" control is enough the same that I haven't run into a problem - but the tool number with a decimal point may be a problem.
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

With NX11.0 the Python parser concept is part of the NX Help documentation.

NX11 are shiped with *.py files for TNC, Fanuc and Okuma.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Learn online

Solution Information