Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Part "Modified" in CAM-Assembly

Hi! Most of our parts in our CAM-setups are themselves assemblies. Some of this assemblies have the state "Modified".

2016-09-07 13_58_49-NX 8.5 - Modeling - [D1107685_1-plate (Modified, Read Only) ].png

What can be the reasons for being "Modified" in a CAD-Assembly?

5 REPLIES

Re: Part "Modified" in CAM-Assembly

Are you make sure all subassembly parts are loaded?

Does that happens if you open teh CAM the frist itme in a anew NX version(part conversion)?

Maybe part families cna cause that behaviour.

I also heard about KF rule stuff.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

No, I don't open the CAD-Part in a higher NX-Version. This happens e.g. if the CAD-Part is made in NX8.5 and I open it also in NX8.5

I forgot to say: We work in Teamcenter-Environment.

Once more: We get CAD-Parts that are themselves assemblies. What reason can be if it has the state "Modified"? Not a single component in the assembly is also "Modified".

If I make "Save as..." with this CAD-Part the state "Modified" isn't there if I reopen my saved part.

When opening a part file it is checked for corruption or other problems, that get fixed to have the part file behave in the current session.

The part file is also marked as modified if you change from wire-frame to shaded view.

I would more focus on the (!) sign in the title bar of the NX window, which indicates that there have been changes in one of the components of the entire assembly tree.

Generally, if a CAD part is marked as modified inside of a CAM assembly must not always mean there is a change to the solid used by the CAM assembly.

I would check, if the linked body is out-of-date and if not, everything is OK.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Every now & then we have NC programs that have this issue, and often no one seems to be able to figure out what causes it (or else no one as the time to hunt thru all the parts for the issue).

1) See if any of the "manufacturing planes" are "WAVE linked at timestamp" - if so, clear the "timestamp" check box for all of them.  generate all operations & save.  Close everything & reopen.

2) Do a file cleanup on the entire assembly.  Save everything, close & re-open

If that doen't work, then we have to pull out the "big gun":

We typically have to set ourselves to "dba" with "bypass" turned on (so released parts can be saved).  Load the assembly fully (no partial loading, load interpart data all levels), then save the entire assembly.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

"Everything is OK" I can't confirm. If the CAD-part is "Modified" in an existing CAM-part then all operations are "red". Also, if we have used "Feature Based Manufacturing" the part is checked automaticly whether the features are mapped. This can take a very, very long time. There is no option to decide whether this should be done or not. If the state of the CAD-part isn't "Modified" the operations in an existing CAM-part are OK and the check whether the features are mapped is omitted. To open such a part takes only seconds.

Learn online

Solution Information