Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Part spun outline issue

I am having an issue with my part spun outline. For some reason there is a discrepancy with the O.D.'s on my outline. I created my MCS off of the center of my part and I've measured multiple times to make sure I wasn't somehow offset. The ID is fine which is odd because if my centering was off then my ID should be off as well. I also created a Lathe Cross Section and that is correct. What am I missing here?

The light blue is my lathe cross section, the pink is my blank spun outline (both of those are correct), and the yellow is the part spun outline.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonP
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Part spun outline issue

check the arc centers of ALL the edges.

Could be something is eccentric.

Try creating the lathe cross setcion thru other planes & rotate the curves (if you can do that)?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

I assume this is using automatic?

If you use planes at angles and slice it only here, does it look the same?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Ken & Mark, thanks for the replies...

Ken you were absolutely right. There was an eccentric situation going on. When the model was created there was a base revolve, and then a revolved cut taking material away. Somehow, the revolved cut wasn't revolved about center. Almost like whoever created the model tried to click the centerline and just missed and it used a screen point. It was only .012" off.

Thats why the ID was fine but the others weren't.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information