cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible severe bug: ignoring input after decimal point

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

On several occasions NX (10.0.3) will start ignoring any input after a decimal point. Anything after the poit will change to 0 after hitting enter. This seems to happen to all inputs, be it depth, feed rate, pitch or posting. A restart will clear the situation, but if it goes unnoticed, bad things happen. Particularly worrying when wrong coordinates and pitches are posted. Anyone else seen this? 

I can't submit a file because the problem is not file related, the same file will act normally until the bug has been triggered. I don't know what triggers this behaviour but I have seen it several times. A colleague with a different machine setup (same NX version) has seen the same problem.

Harri

5 REPLIES

Re: Possible severe bug: ignoring input after decimal point

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Do you use NX in English? Do you use English keybord layout?
I ask, because I've seen this kind of issues when using NX with Polish interface.

Changing to English language usually solved this problem.

Or maybe you are using some software for changing places of comma and period on your keybord?

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.2
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
English and no comma/period changes.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi,

it is happening me too. But it is happening only time to time. No idea of reason.

But we found (with help from SIEMENS support) it seem to be because of windows localization. I use english localization for NX and my windows has czech language.

Colleagues which have english windows, they don't face this problem - but I am not sure about it, because first time when it appears, it was enough to set windows settings how to input decimal point ( eighter , or . ). But it appears again and no help - only restart NX.

One of my customer has this problem - he post operations and there weren't outputed decimal places in whole NC program. It was enough to restart NX and behaviour was correct.

We tried to find the reason of this, but no success. We weren't able to get NX to this "bad" state again.

So now we are trying to cach this state - to learn something about it.

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Good info, thanks! I'll keep trying to pinpoint the issue here too. My windows is English, but keyboard layout Finnish. There's a country specific setting for comma vs. point decimal separator in Windows. Will play with this.

Harri

There is an existing ER 7589275 in this area - you might ask GTAC to see if this is your case.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information