cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Builder Error Message

Creator
Creator

Hello,

Every time I try to open up a 3rd postprocessor file (after opening and closing two others) in the same Post Builder session, Post Builder gives me this error:

PostBuilderError.jpg

I can close the Post Builder software and repoen it and it'll work just fine. But to implement changes across all our machines, it's difficult to work with when it fails every 3rd post file.

I'm running NX and Post Builder Version 9.0.3 and I'm on Windows 7 x64. This doesn't happen to anyone else here at work. I'm not sure what I could have done but this error has always popped up for me. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Adam

7 REPLIES

Re: Post Builder Error Message

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

There's an FAQ in solution center with your error and the response is:

This error message can be displayed if dual monitors are used and the settings
for the monitors are not the same. This would be the case if the monitor size
or the screen resolution is different between the two, for example. This can be
verified by disabling one of the monitors.

Don't know if it's a fix but it's worth a try.

Anthony Galante - Senior Support Engineer - PhoenxPLM (Australia & New Zealand Siemens Solutions Partner)
http://www.phoenxplm.com.au/email/2014_signature/signature_videoCenter.jpg

Creator
Creator

Hello,

Yeah, this fixes it but I can't work without 2 monitors! This is quite a bizarre issue. I disabled one monitor and the issue went away. As far as I could tell, the settings for each monitor are the same. They're even the same model. Is there a more permanant fix out there? I might have to get our IT department involved if not.

Thanks,

Adam

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dont know if this will work but I think it's worth a try.

In the registry, export the key for the version of NX you are using, then delete that key (see image below). Highlighted area is where the key is.

This stores the window positions for NX, not sure if Postbuilder is in there but it's worth a try.

The error you had shows window positions so that's why I think it's worth a try.

This will reset every setting for NX that's registry stored but if it doesn't work, you can always import the exported registry file.

2016-02-20_9-11-25.jpg

Anthony Galante - Senior Support Engineer - PhoenxPLM (Australia & New Zealand Siemens Solutions Partner)
http://www.phoenxplm.com.au/email/2014_signature/signature_videoCenter.jpg

Creator
Creator

That doesn't seem to work. I deleted that key and it reset all of my NX window positions but didn't seem to affect the Postbuilder. I do also get the below error, if that helps trace the problem back.

Error20160222.jpg

I just tried this in 10.0.3 with dual monitors of different resolution, and don't get any errors.

Have you tried it in 10.0.3?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

I also have Postbuilder 10.0.1 installed (but we still use NX9.0.3) but I get the following error as soon as I click the Open button. NX 10.0.1 works itself just fine but I can't use that version of the Postbuilder.

PBv10Error20160222.jpg

If you cannot load 10.0.3, you should at least load the atches referenced in the software field bulletin SFB-NX-9430 (Multiple critical issues with Post Builder v10.0.x). 

If that does not take care of the issue, please contact GTAC so that they can diagnose it.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information