cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Builder Header removal...

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I am trying to generate a post that doesn't include the information found in the header of the .prt file.

Here is an image of what I have currently:

Header.PNG

I'm trying get the Post to work so all of the stuff starting with ($$......) will not output.

I am working in NX 9 and Post Builder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

14 REPLIES

Re: Post Builder Header removal...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

First, you have to figure out where it is coming from.

1) Post builder - look at the "start of program" (or possibly "First tool change") event

See if the PB_CMD_* in there are outputting the data

2) The NX part - look in the part for attributes, or look in the first operation for UDEs, that specify all that stuff. 

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.  I checked in Start Program and First Tool change but I cannot find any block that outputs the data.  I have found the header in NX however I'd like to keep it in NX for other purposes.  I'm working off of a matsuura template if that helps.

Thanks

Pioneer
Pioneer

To follow up,

I have determined that the text that I want to get rid of is a list of user defined events.  However, I can't seem to find them in Post Builder or by what mechanism they are output into my Post.  Does anybody have any ideas?

User defined post.PNG

Basically anything after the equals sign is outputted.  See my original post to see the output.

The UDEs are not coming from PB - they are coming from NX. UDEs are used to pass information from NX to the post. These UDEs have been added to an object in your CAM setup i the one you were looking at in the previous reply.

If you really don't want them, then delete them from the object in NX.

If you want to keep the UDEs in NX but disable the output in the post, then in PB you need to replace the MOM_text proc with one that does nothing. But beware - there could be other text UDEs that need to be output. By default this looks for major words PPRINT, INSERT, or DISPLY. If none of those are found, then the text is output as a comment, which should not affect the machine.  

I would go back and find out why the UDEs were added in the first place. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

Mark,

Thank you so much for your reply, everything you say makes sense but I cannot find the MOM_text proc.  Do you know where that would be found?  And we want the UDEs in the CAM so that when an overview is generated it has the UDEs listed however our Post requirements dictate that they are not put into the machine code.

Thanks again

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

MOM_text is in ugpost_base.tcl.

Copy the proc & add it to either:

1) a PB_CMD_* where you "uplevel" to over-ride the "as installed" version

2) A separate *_user) tcl file that you "source" in (PB: Output settings -> Other Options -> "user tcl source" block - "check" the checkbox & fill in the .tcl filename)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

try this:
start postbuilder
enable ude editor (Yes) in post builder options

Cattura.JPG

edit custom command PB_CMD_MOM_text (should be available as you enabled ude editor) and modify default case, example:

{
if { [ info exists mom_user_defined_text ] } {
   global suppress_user_defined_output
   if { [ string match "*BEGIN_HEADER*" $mom_user_defined_text ] } {

set suppress_user_defined_output "TRUE"

}
   if { ![ info exists suppress_user_defined_output ] } {
    MOM_output_literal "${mom_sys_control_out}${mom_user_defined_text}${mom_sys_control_in}"
   }
   if { [ string match "*END_HEADER*" $mom_user_defined_text ] && [ info exists suppress_user_defined_output ] } { unset suppress_user_defined_output }
}
}

this should suppress user defined text output from BEGIN_HEADER to END_HEADER included.

beware! if there is no END_HEADER user defined text output will not be resumed

hope it helps

ciao

luciano

Pioneer
Pioneer

First of all,

Thank you to everybody, I am currently working through all of the offered solutions to determine which is the best one for us and I will post again if I have any issues or decide on one.  All of them seem to more or less do what I am looking for so many thanks. 

Secondly,

Just out of curiosity, where does postbuilder call the proc MOM_text (or any other command found in the ugpost_base.tcl file? 

Thanks

Phenom
Phenom

ugpost_base.tcl is "sourced" at the beginning of the post tcl. Postbuilder adds this in all posts. The stuff that is in it is libraries that Siemens would say does not need to change. This ude handler or proc is called by the text ude being invoked in the nx part file.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information