Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Post Builder] Restarting Initial Move without tool change in a MCS change

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi guys,

I've been working in a situation that I encountered here, in some lathe parts I need to change my MCS and restart the machining with the same tool, for example, facing one side, stop with M0, change the material side and facing again in another MCS, then turning, drilling, etc... A normal lathe procedure.

For a safety operation, when I do a programmed stop in the program I call the tool number and another addresses again, because if the operator needs to stop the auto mode, he doesn't needs to read the program from the begin or change a tool in a wrong position.

Here the problem: when I create an operation with the previous tool, Post Builder jumps to the First Move and continues the post. Then I create a custom where I read the MCS array and save the names in a variable to compare between operations, but I couldn't find a way to return the post to read the Initial Move again and generate the tool call codes.

I called the Initial Move with a custom in the First Move, but didn't work fine, because the another non modal addresses below the custom were posted in duplicity. I did a test with a custom calling the block templates, but it's a hard work to adjust all posts, the Initial Move contains all that I need directly.

I don't know if I going to a wrong way... Well, have a MOM command or a way to read again the Initial Move without tool change?

Thanks in advance,

Engineer and NC Programmer
NX 12.0.2 mp11
2 REPLIES 2

Re: [Post Builder] Restarting Initial Move without tool change in a MCS change

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

Dont know If I understand this well but if you put the same content (cmds, blocks, etc) as it is in intial move into first move, so initial move output = first move output,  you will get he same output

+ you can add output conditions on tool call or where you want , like : if there is a mcs change, output tool call, else dont output tool call., or just force some addresses

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Re: [Post Builder] Restarting Initial Move without tool change in a MCS change

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi @Juraj, right. I was looking for a more clean solution, like a custom to
restart at Initial Move, because I need to call the tool again only in a
MCS change.

I create a little custom calling the block addresses of the tool call in
the First Move and worked good. But I need to do many MOM_do_template calls
and for my other posts I have to rewrite.

I'll do a test, I'll create my tool call in a unique custom command and in
the First Move I'll remove all block addresses and only call the custom.
I'll do some experiments! =D

Thanks!! =)
Engineer and NC Programmer
NX 12.0.2 mp11

Learn online

Solution Information