cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-Output G1 F... instead of G0

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello!

I need to output rapid-motion not with G0 but with G1 F30000.

I've this solution:

2015-09-24 13_17_49-Event _ Rapid Move.png

Is there a better way? The "G Code" for Rapid Motion works automatically in every occurrence of Rapid Move, but the F-Address has to be inserted in every block template wherever Rapid Move occurs.

Werner

4 REPLIES

Re: Post-Output G1 F... instead of G0

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think you found a good way of doing the rapid move. Typically I would handle this by adding a custom command before the rapid block that changed the variable for rapid motion from 0 to 1 , but your way I kind of like better.  Also instead of setting a custom variable of rapid_motion_feed, I would just set the  variable feed to 3000. Also sometimes I have an issue with feed variable so if that didn't work correctly I would go to the custom custom command "Before motion" and say if the move is a rapid move then set these variables. Just my approach.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

To output fast G1 positioning moves I am using a technique outlined in tech tip video which uses a custom command in a output condition for initial moves.

The output works, switching between the rapid feed (1200ipm) and the cut feed (80ipm), except the only issue I have is the intial Z down feed and final Z up feed is output other than what I specified in the operation for the rapid feed.  There is a max fpm in my post somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find it at the moment. 

Below is the custom command and an image of my initial moves in the post.

#=============================================================
proc PB_CMD__check_block_initial_move { } {
#=============================================================
# This custom command should return
#   1 : Output BLOCK
#   0 : No output

global mom_feed_rapid_value

if {$mom_feed_rapid_value != 0} {
    return 1
} else {
    return 0
}

}

Untitled.png

NX 11.0.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

For the max F value there's 2 places to check:

1) The "F" word itself (max value, also number of digits?)

2) Program & Tool path -> "Program" tab -> Machine Control -> Click on the (blue) "Feedrates" button - this dialog allows setting separate formats & max/min values for each feedrate mode (also, you may have to scroll down, the default output modes for the different motion types)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Another idea is to mimick what happens then the user sets the Rapid Output Mode to Interpolated G1 in the operation. I would compare the mom variables with rapid mode set to G0 and G1. Then maybe you can manually set mom_feed_rapid_output and the other variables directly.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information