cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processor Question

Creator
Creator

I like the basic output of the MILL_3_Axis but I wanted to tweak it a little in post processor. Where can I find the .pui file for it so i can edit it? I looked in my c drive under nx and I cant seem to find it there. I can find the base fanuc and semens ones in there though. Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: Post Processor Question

The out of the box samples are in the NX installation in MACH\resource\postprocessor. 

I recommend you start Post Builder and open mill3ax for example, and SAVE AS to make your own copy.

Ideally, you should not change files in the installation, since they may get overwritten with the next release. If you are going ot start customizing, take a look at Getting Started with NX CAM Customization

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

Perfect, That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Creator
Creator

I had another question regarding post processing. Is there a way to have the post not post the block of information before the percent sign? Thanks

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Creator
Creator

I am not sure I opened it again correctly. But when I opened the file again with notepad, the header was still there in the NC file... Or is this because I am opening it woth wordpad and the real NC file will not recognize it? 

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Do not use Save As command in that information window. Just close it after it shows you NC code preview.

File with NC code which you should use is automatically created in the directory and name which you choosed in Postprocess dialog window.

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.2
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Creator
Creator

Ok thanks! that worked perfect

Learn online

Solution Information