Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processor Splits the Rapid/Transfer Arc Move into multiple arc segments..

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi
i am posting a simple 5 Axis program through Hedinhain postprocessor in NX.
Against rapid/transfer toolpath (RED color)Post processor post multiple arc segments instead of single arc.
post processor is of post configrator type. 
Multiple arc segments are increasing my machining time thats why i want one arc in my case.
If some one know how to fix this problem please share me..i am attaching post processor files and my part file herwith.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Post Processor Splits the Rapid/Transfer Arc Move into multiple arc segments..

Phenom
Phenom

You can remove "work plane change" in your postprocessor, but this will change the way the tool approaches at the beginning of operations, and will require some testing. 

Best solution., is go into your feedrate moves, and set the "traverse" to a high feed rate using G1 move, and check the result. I have done this in the past to work around this issue. 

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP10 Primarily CAM

Re: Post Processor Splits the Rapid/Transfer Arc Move into multiple arc segments..

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

hi,

First, your postprocessor doesnt split anything in this case.

Your tool path is not arc and not segmented to small arcs.

That tool path is multiple lines, so nc output will be lines.

You can check CL data, tool path is generated as GOTOs, no circle.

(Circles are generated only in some cases - it has to be in allowed planes only.)

You can change clearence geometry to some box or plane and you will get one or two lines. But it will be again lines.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Most controls (that I've dealt with) cannot handle tool axis changes during a G2/G3 move.

I know Siemens 840D has a "conical" move that should work:

N113 ORICONCCW; Conical interpolation counter clock wise
N114 G3 X25 Y-20 A2=11.3099324 B2=0 C2=0 CR=15 NUT=11.3099324*2

[edit]

Although getting the conical move to the post as a conical move (instead of a bunch of multi-axis linear moves) will be "interesting"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Please see Option I+II...either one should work.

I hope this helps.

Kal.

GTAC rapid.JPGGTAC rapid 2.JPG

NX 9.0.3.4 MP12 | PB 9.0.3.2 | NX11.0.2.7 MP13 | PB 11.0.2 | VERICUT 7.3.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you juraj for replying, i reviewed my toolpath that is realy multiple lines instead of arcs. Is there any option to get an arc for rapid move of all 5 axis?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi @AaghaFarhan 

No, there is no option to get arc.

It is designed to work like this. And I agree with that.

That tool path is tcpm - so arc in tcpm, with tool axis changing, without defined arc plane -- not good idea.

So I recommend to not trying to do something with it. Just accept it.

But if you want to have shorter nc program - change traverse between regions to direct, or make clearence geometry bounding box, etc.

----------------------------

*Note - in cutting move -  if postprocesor accidentaly output arc in tcpm(m128) mode - I recommend posptrocessor should split this arc motion to lines, or generate operation with arc output = "Line".

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX-Manufacturing/Need-help-with-Pos...

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Learn online

Solution Information