cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processor txt files not behaving properly

Experimenter
Experimenter

We are switching from NX8 to NX9. We always check "list output" during Postprocess so that we can make changes to the code. There were never problems with this with nx8, but now when we try to open the files created with nx9 at the machine, we get a warning saying that the %xxx.0 isn't right. All i have to do to fix it is to open the file in Wordpad and save it, then it will work. I don't have to make any changes, just have to resave it.

Are there any places to change the filetype that it is outputting?

Is there a different cause to this problem?

5 REPLIES

Re: Post Processor txt files not behaving properly

Are you saying you edit the text in the Information window? Or you edit the listing file?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter
I edit the text in the information window.

Sent from my iPhone

This is probably due to changes made to further to support uft8 strings.

If you open and edit the actual output file, there should be no issues.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

So you're saying I have to save the output, open it in a different window with a different program, do the edits and resave it? This is the workaround I've been using, but it's a lot more cumbersome than how it used to work, by just editing and saving once from NX's editing window.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Note you can automatically have the post open up notepad (or other editor of your choice) with the posted file already selected.

Note: either use the "exec" command with an "&" at the end, or use the techniques shown in %UGII_BASE_DIR%\POSTBUILD\pblib\custom_command\pb_cmd_ugwish_win64.tcl, so you don't "hang" NX (if you don't use the "exec" command correctly, NX will "hang" and you can only kill it using the task manager, in the process losing any un-saved work).

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information