Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Can I ask why you want t do this...

Re: Post builder coordinate format

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi and thanks for replying,

@ mkn

I added the "blank" or "space" at the end of the string to be sure, that no "." or ".0" were removed inside a string. It's possible to use any other sign or string instead of "space". I tried the square brackets {[.0]} but it does not work correctly. :-/

Info: Currently, I exclude all "CYCL DEF" before "# Split ..." with

if { ![string match "*CYCL DEF*" $mom_o_buffer] } { ...

@ Michael_Mannino

I want to do this, because many machine operators are unhappy with this and I don't like to explain "We know to problem ...".  Yes, it's just "nice to have" for the operators! However, for me it's "nice to have" happy operators! B-)

I am sure, that people would like to change it since many years and just wondering, that there is no option in PostBuilder. Mayby, it will be possible with PostConfigurator - now or in future.

Legend
Legend
Can you show me an example without the regsub command and that you want as output ?
Production: NX11.0.2.7,VERICUT 8.1.2
Development: Tcl/Tk, Gnuplot
www.adgroupe.com

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@JoeP wrote:

@ Michael_Mannino

I want to do this, because many machine operators are unhappy with this and I don't like to explain "We know to problem ...".  Yes, it's just "nice to have" for the operators! However, for me it's "nice to have" happy operators! B-)

I haven't had any issue with trailing dots or zeros, so this is just a cosmetic issue.

I would tell the operators, that the NC-code is not created by a human and therefore it is not necessary to format it as if a human had created it. The machine is happy and that is the only important thing.

If an operator tells you that the machine went astray, then a change needs to be made, but if the machine works fine the operators will have to drop their old habits.

These changes don't add anything that increases return-of-invest, lowers machining times or raises profit.

If the operator likes to have the NC-code formatted, he just needs to load it into the machine, beautifying NC-code is just a waste of time, slows down the post-processor run and is more error prone.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information