Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Post configurator - how to edit the existing commands

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the detailed information on Post Configurator and the near term future of Post Builder.

Dan

NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro
ITC Inc.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
You are welcome, please feel free to contact me if you got further questions.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Florian

Thank for this, very kind and professional. indeed answered my questions. It is also consistant with what Siemens told me over the phone yesterday morning here i.e. wait until NX10.0.3

For the buggy Cycle832, no big deal as we already tweaked it and it nows output corectly and does not randomly appears under drilling and tapping operations anymore. I had a look at other PP that was on sitting this notebook and copied/paste some of their functions and voila (amateur but it works, temp fix of course).

Looking forward getting 10.0.3 in house as soon as this comes out. NX does look like what we exactly need here. We had enough of struggling with two other CAD/CAM products! Can't wait to get it in all honesty so good luck with the development and again thanks for the explainations.

cycle832.jpg

Phenom
Phenom

It looks like you can do whatever you need to - and there is an organized component kind of structure to the code. I look forward to seeing the enhancements that replace the Postbuilder graphic builder (so that tcl coding and def/cdl hand editing not necessary.) My opinion has always been that Ugpost (choice of tcl script, def file words/templates, events, mom data) was very well thought out and that Postbuilder is a great graphic interface to configure the post without coding. This new Post Configurator adds a higher level interface that may keep a post developer from needing to do much of any configuring like is done at Postbuilder level - and may help with reuse of code. It depends how custom the required output is - if you end up coding and needing to know details anyway - there will be less benefit.

NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro
ITC Inc.

Learn online

Solution Information