cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post for a 5 axis table/ table type machine of heidenhain controller

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am struggling for getting a correct post for table table type 5axis heidenhain controller machine. Output that I am getting is not correct.  Please help me. I can share the desired machie data. 

18 REPLIES

Re: Post for a 5 axis table/ table type machine of heidenhain controller

Have you looked at the sim08 sample?

Help > Manufacturing Tutorials > Open a Sample Part > sim08_mill_5ax_cam_tnc_mm.prt

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Mr. Mark,

Greetings for the day. Thanks for your reply.

I ve tried. But my machine configuration is bit different. The face of the rotary table is 19.964 mm below the swivelling axis of the machine table. 

If you want I can send the pics of the machine.

Genius
Genius

You need to put offset value (19.964mm). distance between 4th and 5th axis ! where 4th axis is your parent and 5th axis is your child axis in table-table configuration.

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks alot Mr Mak.

Do I need to put the value (19.964 mm) in negative Z Axis distance between 4th and 5th axis?

What about the Machine Zero to 4th Axis value? Do I need to fill this data?

Genius
Genius

See attached images. If it does not work, reverse the offset value signes at both places ( image offset 2 and offset 3).

Also check the rotary axis's limits, how to treat when limits are violated.

Best Luck.

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks Mak for your kind guidance. I tried by using offset value (-19.964mm) in Z ofset in 4th Axis centre to 5th Axis centre face of the table is below the swivelling axis of table (A axis).

The limit for C-Axis is 0-360 degree and for A -Axis is -92 to +92 degree. Is it OK if I use these values in Axis Limits.

Genius
Genius

Yes.

How is your C axis counts the angle after it reaches 360 ? 0 degree or 361 ?

How it behaves after that if angle is 0 after 360 degree? does it rotate reverse to reach 0 ?

You need to be carefull for these setting.

Do you have contineous rotation for C axis ? if so you need to define limit accordingly.

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Pioneer
Pioneer

In case of C-Axis, when it reaches 359.99, it again comes back to 0 and starts moving progressively.

What can I do for this phenomenon? 

How can I manage the setting of C-Axis to get a correct and error free output?

Genius
Genius

When you say C-Axis comes back to 0 when it reaches 359.99, does that mean it rotates in reverse direction to reach 0 value ? or just your machine sets the value to 0 ?

To avoid the tool collision when axis reaches imits, in post you can set the Z axis/tool movement behavior when rotary axis reaches limits. See attached image

If you want different behaviour of C axis, you need to change some machine parameters. your machine supplier might help in doing that.

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Learn online

Solution Information