Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Post for a 5 axis table/ table type machine of heidenhain controller

Pioneer
Pioneer

When C Axis reaches 359.99, it counts from 0 value but keeps on rotating in the same direction. it doesnot physically reverses to 0 value

Legend
Legend

Then I don't think you need to worry much about it. Make sure you do tool path in right way in NX and check for collision afer post process.( not NX verification)

Just dry run (test) all different scenarios before you start producing production parts. All the best

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks a lot. I will try the output. I need to use M11 for unlocking the 4th axis at the beginning of programme and M10 to lock 4th axis to the end of programme. And most importantly I want to activate these 2 commands only during 4 Axis/ 5 Axis machining only. I don't need them in 2/3 axis machining. how can I incorporate these 2 commands in my post?

Legend
Legend

Check tutorials on this forum on TCL programming. You will get an idea.

There are many ways to do it. Simplest way is to use UDE's in the 4 or 5 axis operation.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks and let me try.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is linear axes feeds are ok for rotary axes feeds?

or

Do I need to assign separate feed for the rotary axes? If yes, then how can I configure the same in post?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Depends on your machine/controller.

A lot of "fanuc like" machines interpret IPM / MMPM (G94) "F" word as "Degrees per minute" not "inches per minute".  Check your control's manual.

If so, machine control -> "Feedrates" option dialog - scroll dialog to bottom and you should be able to set the units for various motion types (rotary only, linear only, linear + rotary, cycle, etc.)

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply. in my case its Heidenhain controller.

Is there any idea for this type of controller?

Legend
Legend

HeidenHain controller also should do the same as Ken mentioned. Cross check with machine supplier.

Also you may check for 'inverse feedrate' but that was required for old controllers. Modern machines shall do the task with regular feedrate post processors.

Learn online

Solution Information