Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PostConfigurator error in feeds in Q parameters

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello,

I needed to deal with the problem in PostConfigurator. We created a postprocessor for the TNC530 with scrambled q parameters. Everything works well. Only when I have a cavity_mill operation with a helium attack, we will throw an error in the postprocess, see. attachment. Would anyone not know what to do with it?

Thank you

error.PNG

4 REPLIES

Re: PostConfigurator error in feeds in Q parameters

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

after some testing it seems that due the Turbo mode the helix move don't get the right information that a param is used. If you switched Turbo mode off it also should works directly on your side. But would be nicer when Turbo mode can still works for the rest of motions...

For that you have to switched Turbo mode to AUTO option and then you can use the LIB_Entry only for Helix move. In that just asked if Feed output with params is switched on and then it changed the format of the F address for the helix move to a string. At the end of helix move it will be switched back to normal feedrate. I think in the other linear, circular movement the handling is correct for Params.

proc MOM_helix_move_LIB_ENTRY {arg} {
switch $arg {
"start" {
if {[CONF_CTRL_feed feed_linear] == 2} {
MOM_set_address_format F String
}
}
"end" {
MOM_set_address_format F Feed
}
}

}

This is a workaround and i will pointed in development that we will fix this in upcoming library version.

Best regards

Thomas

Thank You Thomas.

Hello Thomas,

For some operations, the bug has disappeared, but others have appeared.
Some operations are being generated and some are not. Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you

error2.PNG

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi pajalin,

i am a little bit confused why this happens on your side. I mean the workaround here should be the same as in the helix move, so please duplicate the proc with helix move and replace

MOM_helix_move_LIB_ENTRY

with

MOM_linear_move_LIB_ENTRY

Maybe you have to do the same with the circular moves.

I am very interested in this case and why it fails, so it would be great if you can provide the programmed part to reproduce the error to avoid this for other users of Post Configurator. If you like you can send me the part-file directly to thomas.jenensch@siemens.com or the other way you create a IR and just post the number here that i can get in contact with the GTAC person.

Best regards

Thomas

Learn online

Solution Information