cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postbuilder error editing Tool Change block

Good morning.

I have created a postprocessor for my DMG DMU 65 Monoblock 2 years ago. It works very well for all kind of parts but now, after the last NX upgrade I am trying to build up a totally new one to solve some little problems.

The controller of the machine is Siemens 840D Solutionline V7 so I setted in this way the post, starting from the last version of the sinumerik postprocessor of OOTB sim08, like I did in the past with the old post.

I need to add the tool preselect, so I create the command T="NAME OF THE TOOL", exactly like I did in the old post. To do this I create a new block, inserted the T command (user defined type) and write =\"$mom_tool_name\" in the value field. When I give OK, postbuilder reply me with an error message.

I looked for errors but I can't find, it seems that the last version of Postbuilder doesn't accept the backlash for the commens or something similar.

Here you are the picture of the error.

7 REPLIES

Re: Postbuilder error editing Tool Change block

The version of NX is 9.0.3.4

Windows 8.1 version

If I open the standard "Tool change" block and give OK, I receive the same error.

How can I set the 2 blocks "Tool select" and "Tool preselect" to obtain the string T="name of the tool" now?

The syntax looks correct. Maybe it depends on what you have in variable $mom_tool_ name.  Is that going to just be a number, or is it a string?  You could do the improper thing and have a custom command run at the tool change block that goes something list this...

global mom_tool_name

MOM_output_literal "T=\"$mom_tool_name\""

Jake Hardwick
CNC Programmer
Senior Aerospace AMT
Production NX8.5.3.3 Beta testing NX10.0.1.4

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What is the format of the T word?

I'm guessing it is "Digit_[something]", you probably want to change to "String"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

The T word format is correct.

I tried to open a OOTB post (of the Machine Sim08, with Siemens controller mm version).

If I open the block "tool change" I find exactly the sintax that I write. If I click OK without modify the block, I obtain the same error.

You can click OK only removing the \ from the value field, but in this way the post will not work anymore.

I tried different things, but Postbuilder don't permit me to obtain the correct command.

With the past versione of NX 8.5, I made this editing without problem.

Yesterday I had an idea and tryed to modify directly one of the 4 files that postbuilder write. I opened the .def file with an editor text, found the command end edited directly from there.

Now the post work correctly, and if I open the file with Postbuilder I find the tool change correctly setted, but again If I clik OK to close the window I obtain the same error. I must to clik Cancel.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You could disable checking the option to validate the post.

I would still report this problem to GTAC to get it fixed soon.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting

I open up

%UGII_ROOT_DIR%\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\sim08_mill_5ax\postprocessor\sinumerik\sim08_mill_5ax_sinumerik_mm.pui

In post builder 9.0.3 (NX903 MP1)

NC Data definition tab -> Block tab -> "tool change" block

Right click on "T" word in "green background" area -> Edit -> OK - no error

Right click on "T" word in "green background" area -> Change Element -> User defined expression -> OK - no error

One thing you might want to try:

Put the "backslash-double quote" characters into the "T" word's leader & trailer.

i.e.

Leader: T=\"
trailer: \"
expression: $mom_tool_name

but that might effect the preload of the next tool?

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

I tried this way too, but post doesn't work anymore. The postbuilder accept this sintax, but when I postprocess the toolpath it give me an error.

The only way to solve it, was edit directly the sintax of the command opening the .def file with a normal text editor (notepad or something other)

Learn online

Solution Information