Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Postbuilder on network

Since going to Windows 8.1, our CAM guys can't edit the files in the Postbuild folders...I'm not sure of the details, but it's a windows permissions deal.

Without opening up permissions on that folder, is it possible to relocate the post builder files to a network server?  that would allow any of the cam guys access to the same files, and keep the OOTB install from jacking up anything they adjusted too.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
3 REPLIES

Re: Postbuilder on network

If ugii_env.dat contains a variable pointing to the folder containing PB, you can place a copy of that folder on a server share and change the variable to point there.

You will have to check, if there is no path used inside of the encrypted PB code, that points to %UGII_BASE_DIR%\PB Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Just to be clear - the issue is with starting Postbuilder, not with opening / editing the actual post files (.pui/.tcl/def)?

I'm not sure how it starts from within NX (assuming there's a button / menu somewhere).

But the Windows "start menu" item starts it using the ...\Postbuild\post_builder.bat file

I fyou copy the whole ...\Postbuild\ folder tree somewhere, then edit the .BAT appropriately, you should be OK.(note if you apply MRs or MPs, you'll have update this other folder as well.

I guess one other thing to ask... Is NX9 certified on Windows 8.1?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

What files in the POSTBUILD folder do they need to edit?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information