Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting feature information

PLM World Member Pioneer PLM World Member Pioneer
PLM World Member Pioneer

I understand this has been asked several times before but I have found no solid answer, so I will ask it once again. Hey maybe this could help someone in the future. I will try to make this as clear as possible.

We have a part that we drill several hundred holes. These holes have an alphnumeric designation (for inspection purposes). What I need is for my post to ouput the information with each hole. What I am thinking is something along the lines of mom_attr_PART_**** although that only picks up the attributes under File>Properties. I need to pick up the attributes in a feature like, let's say a "body" or "subtraction". I looked at the Expression option but I don't believe that's a good fit for my situation. I also looked at the FBM and that would be fine if I wanted to grab the whole group. Plus it's quite random. Subsiquent parts may be solids with features or may be as simple as a point set. I just need the simplest way to label them and the ability post that info.

NX 9.0.3.4
3 REPLIES

Re: Posting feature information

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You could create a custom DLL, that you call from the post to get the information from the cylindrical face at the current position.

In general information from the machined body is hard to get.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Like Stefan said, you probably need to write some custom API code.

My general approach would be

1) Attribute the hole geometry with desired info (object attributes)

2) As you are doing drilling (PTP) or holemaking, for each hole, call API & pass hole center

API program would:

- find hole closest to hole center passed in

- extract object attribute(s) desired

- set mom variables

- return

Could get a bit tricky if holes intersect other holes at/near "top" surface of the part (for that hole).

You might need to pass tool axis & compare to hole's axis (if it exists) to make sure you get the right one.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Some examples exist.  See NX install folder.  In NX9:

...\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\CAM\

Also in UGAnswer (aka symptoms/solution database) at https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/adv_search.php

Also see docs

Programming tools (note this is a separate install from rest of docs)

->Click here -> NX Open -> Open for C/C++ -> Open C reference guide -> UF_MOM section

UF_MOM_extend_xlator and UF_MOM_execute_command

I'm pretty sure there are new "Common" API calls as well.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information