C:\Siemens\NX90\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines

with a subfolder for each machine.

Why does Siemens provide 2 locations?

template_post.dat only points to C:\Siemens\NX90\MACH\resource\postprocessor

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
12 REPLIES

Re: Postprocessor file location

The postprocessor folder has posts that run without simulation. These are the traditional postprocessors.

The installed_machines posts are for simulation. When you select a machine in ISV, it has a specific list of posts available. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

First - few postprocessors for different kind cnc machines, 3 axis, 4 axis, 5axis, wire edm. Just example.

Second - postprocessors for exact type cnc machine - mill-turn, 5-axis different kinematics, with devices and - with CSE-simulation model.

[ Edited ]

So @MarkRief if we don't use simulation, we could put all our post processors in the 'regular' postprocessors folder?

We have postprocessors in both right now, and we want to organize, and eliminate users from browsing to them.  We moved some from the installed_machines location, into the postprocessors folder, and now when we try to post an operation from a file, we get the following:

NotLocInTc.JPG

Note, "Use postprocessors and ISV drivers from teamcenter" is turned OFF.

-Dave

I'm guessing the error message is misleading - IS&V can't find the post, so it assumes they are in TC (or something.)

Look in the "installed machines" folder (library -> machines)

each machine should have a .dat file

Look in that .dat file for how it defines the post

you may have to change UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_INSTALLED_MACHINES_DIR to UGII_CAM_POST_DIR

Hope this helps...

Also, look in the syslog for other errors

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Log file shows me this:

Cannot open file
\\NCENTFILSRV02\NX_Files\NX\CAMresource\NX90_CAMresource\postprocessor\IN_Okuma_2Axes_Lathe\IN_Okuma_2Axes_Lathe.dat

Which is one directory level too many.  The bolded directory does not exist.  BUT, the template_post.dat reads:

IN_Okuma_2Axes_Lathe,${UGII_CAM_POST_DIR}IN_Okuma_2Axes_Lathe.tcl,${UGII_CAM_POST_DIR}IN_Okuma_2Axes_Lathe.def

From the log file, it says:

UGII_CAM_POST_DIR \\NCENTFILSRV02\NX_Files\NX\CAMresource\NX90_CAMresource\postprocessor\

So I am at a loss where the extra directory level is coming from?

-Dave

Are you SURE there is no machine in the machine view of the Operation Navigator?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

Hello Dave,

As Mark already states, it seems you are having a machine tool selected in the session.

And based on that assumption i have the feeling that there are some problems in your configuration.

Please share a logfile and if possible the following file:

\\NCENTFILSRV02\NX_Files\NX\CAMresource\NX90_CAMresource\library\machine\machine_database.dat

I assume that the file is at that location.

Otherwise you should look for the file in the path that is defined by the environment variable UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_MACHINE_ASCII_DIR.

Btw, it is not explicitely required to have a Machine simulation when you are using postprocessors in the Installed_machines folder.

This structure is mainly implemented to keep everything related to a particular machine tool in one folder.

So also without simulation you can make use of that structure, but it requires you to select a machine tool to get access to the correct postprocessor.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure what I am looking at.

OperationNavigator.JPG

-Dave

Thanks Gerritt, files attached.

For a bit of background, our intent was to consolodate all of the postprocessors, since we have two locations, Indy and NC, and we have had multiple people create and edit posts in different directory locations.  It has become a bit confusing, and as our machine shops come up to speed with NX and people come and go with the company, we wanted to simplifiy things.

-Dave

Learn online

Solution Information