Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferable C axis position together with TWP ?

Hello Experts !

I really do not know how you take time to answer lamers like me but appreciate your efforts !

The machine is my favourite head/ table configuration. Most of the time I use TCPC (G43.4) for simultaneous and TWP ( G68.2) for 3+2  and canned cycles with tilted B.

When I use "Rotate UDE" or " Lock Axis" I have to use "Set tool path Type UDE" to force G43.4 to get correct calculation. And it works fine.

But now the situation is specific: Tapping with preliminary chosen C axis indexing. What do you recommend for situations like this?

1.Canned cycle do not work in G43.4 mode.

2.We do not program from the center of rotation, so we prefer the CNC to calculate rotated position.

3.Could G68.2 be forced without B axis tilting?

4. I am not a fan of polar output. Limititations in Rad Comp and Smooth functions for milling.

Thank you !

4 REPLIES

Re: Preferable C axis position together with TWP ?

Phenom
Phenom

Is this a relatively late model Fanuc 31i-B5? If so: TCP can be used together with G68.2. Fanuc recently recommended to me that all motion should be done in TCP mode. My approach based on what they recommended for an Snk Head/Table (table C head A) was as shown:

(START OF OPERATION - 5 AXIS)
G54.4 Px
G0 Cxxx G43.4 Hx G0 Xx Yx Zx Ax
G1 Xx Yy Zz Ax Cx ... ... (END OF OPERATION) G49 G54.4 P0 (START OF OPERATION - PRISMATIC) G54.4 Px
G0 Cxxx G43.4 Hx G0 Xx Yy Zz Aa (THIS IS A COORDINATE IN TABLE MODE) G68.2 P1 Q123 Xx Yx Zx Ix Jx. Kx G0 Xx Yx Zx (THIS COORDINATE SAME LOCATION TFORMED NUMBERS) ... ... (END OF OPERATION) G69 G49 G54.4 P0
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Hello Study,

It is an Integrex 1060V-II. Control is Mazatrol Matrix 2.

Thank you !

Phenom
Phenom
In that case - may not be possible. It seems that when Fanuc implements something - Mazatrol is a couple years to follow it.
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Phenom
Phenom

Have you looked at DYNAMIC OFFSETTING II: G54.2?

I'm not sure if G68.2 and cycles work in this mode.

We don't use it as we have a mix of new and old machines some of which don't support G54.2

We use a custom macro I wrote that updates the work offsets based on the current C-axis value.

This only works for 3+2 code as it needs to be called after each C-axis move.

It does not work in a cycle ie

G0C0
G81X0Y0R50.Z30
C45.
C90.
G80

however it does work with individual cycle calls

G0C0
G81X0Y0R50.Z30
G80
C45.
G65P1234A6(Update offset for C)