Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Probe Sub op copy or creation?

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Thanks - I have not gone this deep in customizing the dialogs.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace

NX 11.0.2.7 Vericut 8.0.3 - Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oliver,

I went thru that process from the help docs.  i was able to create my own sub op as well.  i just cant figure out how to add any logic to it or connect it to an event.

Damian Forsythe
Impact Manufacturing Group
NX 10.0.3.5

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

To be  more specific.... i have created my own sub op called MY_SUB.  i just cant figure out how to add the logic shown in the other picture called data needed

Damian Forsythe
NX 10.0.3.5

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom
When you post this does the review tool show the events and variables?
You should see the mom_subop_name and mom_move_type_name
John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace

NX 11.0.2.7 Vericut 8.0.3 - Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

i was able to create my own pocket sub op.  im still not clean on what into i need.  or what they mean.  so i tried each option and named them the probe_pocket_option name for testing.  it seemed to work.  still trying to find out how to call the actual event.  when i post an ootb subop i can see in the review tool where its linked to an event.  where is this added in the sub-op?

please look at the pic called event.  you will see where the ootb probe subop is calling

Event: Mom_probe_single_direction_point

Damian Forsythe
NX 10.0.3.5

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

For every variable defined (i.e. probe_pocket_point, probe_pocket_integer), MOM should automatically create an event called mom_probe_pocket_point, mom_probe_pocket_integer. This should be visible in the review tool.

Genius
Genius

For the User Defined Move Types a mom variable is created for each item in the Customize Sub Dialog - Items Used section. The mom variable will be the name of the item with mom_ added on the front. For example, for an item named "my_item", the variable will be "mom_my_item".

You can access the variables in the postprocessor by calling the Event "MOM_start_of_subop_path".

Mike Diamond, CNC Programmer, Orizon Aerostructures Inc.

Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.1.4, ICAM V21
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX12

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you for helping out.  would you mind posting a screen shot of how you have it setup?

Damian Forsythe
NX 10.0.3.5

Genius
Genius

What exactly would you like a screenshot of? I am not working out of Postbuilder, we output a CLS file and postprocess with ICAM, so I have to create my own proc for "MOM_start_of_subop_path" inside our CLS.tcl file so a screenshot of that wouldn't really help you.

But if you open Postbuilder and select the Program & Tool Path tab, Program tab, then select Miscellaneous under Tool Path, there two Events in there named "Start of Subop Path" and "End of Subop Path".

You will need to create a custom command that contains the logic you need for your output. Then place that custom command in the "Start of Subop Path".

Mike Diamond, CNC Programmer, Orizon Aerostructures Inc.

Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.1.4, ICAM V21
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX12

Experimenter
Experimenter

你好!
请问你能教我NX的探测如何使用吗? 我是自己学NX,没人教,
你能教教我使用吗? NX的探测。

Learn online

Solution Information