Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Probing Cycle movement Visulisation

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows a way of verfying probe movement using NX probing module and custom created cycles? I know that we could simulate in the simulation area but I was wondering if this could be done in the probing verify area like for the standard OOTB probing options?

I understand that this might not be possible as we are trying to use it and so may need to build it another way, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Screen Snip of Probe setupScreen Snip of Probe setup

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2
4 REPLIES

Re: Probing Cycle movement Visulisation

No chance to simulate it in operation. If you know real movements for each measuring cycle - you can simulate it with CSE.

Hi @Chigishev 

Thank you for the reply it is what I thought but wanted to ask the question anyway to see if anyone knew another method to show cycle movement.

Thank again for taking the time to reply as always it is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

We are using Vericut to simulate the probing, although it does require a seperate license.

The advantage is you can then verify any output parameters and see the work offsets update as it runs.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1

Hi @camster

We do the same here and simulate before running on the machines, it was only to be able to see the movement when programming any probing operations.

I did argue that we could see all movement in Vericut but "they" still wanted more visibility in NX!

Thank you for the reply.

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information