Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Probing on the mill using renishaw macro

That's the exact same way we do it.  We have UDEs for the standard probing routines that we do (e.g. check the stock size, check the top of a fixture) and that way all the programs look the same, regardless of the programmer doing to probing.  We found too much variation when using the step by step probing operations, so those are only used in special cases.

Jake Hardwick
CNC Programmer
Senior Aerospace AMT
Production NX8.5.3.3 Beta testing NX10.0.1.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Previously in this thread it was mentioned that if I wanted to store my UDE bitmaps in a different/custom folder I could by defining the path.

"The default folder in which to place the graphics is UGII_BITMAP_PATH. If you want to place the graphic in a different folder, you must supply the path. To avoid parser errors, do not include the backslash \ character in your path name."

For production reasons I have to store my own work away from the normal locations.

I have tried in vain to specify a unique location within the ude.cdl. How do we specify the path - without the backslashes??

EVENT probe_b_skew
{
 POST_EVENT "probe_b_skew"
 UI_LABEL "Renishaw Skew 9817"

CATEGORY MILL

PARAM probe_bitmap
 {
  TYPE l
  DEFVAL "9817.bmp"
 }

Thanks in advance.

Craig.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried double backslash (\\) or slash (/) instead of the single backslash (\) as the path separator?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Can you change UGII_BITMAP_PATH to your own folder when you are running in your test environment?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius
Hello,
What Mark has suggested is what we do, define the UGII_BITMAP_PATH=${YOUR_CUSTOM_DIR}\bitmaps
set it to your own custom path which won't interfere with your production environment and put the required images there.
Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

My Renishaw 9817 skew cycle UDE is now active!

Thanks for all the help!!

1-28-2016 1-35-11 PM.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

can you share your experance

Learn online

Solution Information