Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem about Simulation(ISV)

Hi All

I'm working on my own Kinematic Model for NX simulation and I'm having a problem

I have a machine model that creates a kinematic chain that is referenced to SIM 15

And use OOTB nc_simulation_samples .prt file to examination the result

But i get the wrong simulation, as shown

Image 1.jpg

7 REPLIES

Re: Problem about Simulation(ISV)

It seems that, CYSY is not properly set.

Just ensure that, it may get solved !

I have found that there is a "hard coded" pivot distance in the .MCF file for sim15. Based on the B axis pivot point of the OOTB sample machine, they use 220mm within the H address metacode. If your machine has a different pivot distance (spindle face to head pivot centerpoint), then this value must be changed by using NX Machine Configurator (advanced license).

thaks for your reply!

and you mean "CSYS" not correct set?

which section i must adjustment

thanks!

NX10.0.3.5 MP17

Benson_Lu wrote:

thaks for your reply!

and you mean "CSYS" not correct set?

which section i must adjustment

thanks!

NX10.0.3.5 MP17

In the sim15 kinematic chain, the junction for the B axis head is named "B-ROT". If you use the same kinematic chain and CSE simulation drivers (sim15.MCF) for your new machine, then you will have to modify the .MCF file to match your new machines B axis pivot point. This is done using NX machine configurator.

To test this theory; in your new machine kinematics model, change "B-ROT" to 220mm from the spindle face. Update files and simulate machine code. It will most likely simulate correctly. This is because there is a "hard-coded" 220mm value in the H address calculation for rotated B axis using sim15 CSE drivers.

Hi GrantClemo

Thanks for your reply!!
When I use Machine Configurator to Open .MCF file for sim15 (fanuc)
Serach Commands Address 【H】and edit Metacode by XML Notepad

But I can not found 220mm within the H address metacode to adjustment spindle face to head pivot centerpoint  As shown

Thank you....

Hi GrantClemo

thanks for your reply!!

On my own New machine kinematics modle , I change "B-ROT" to 220mm from the spindle face (attachment below) , Update files and simulate machine code,

But still get wrong simulate......

What have I done wrong.......

thanks your help..

Benson_Lu wrote:

Hi GrantClemo

thanks for your reply!!

On my own New machine kinematics modle , I change "B-ROT" to 220mm from the spindle face (attachment below) , Update files and simulate machine code,

But still get wrong simulate......

What have I done wrong.......

thanks your help..

Hi Benson_Lu,

I was mistaken about the H code. The 220mm offset is in the method (GMe_SetToolLengthCorrection) which is called from within the H address. The 220 value is found in 4 places. As far as fixing your simulation, I would start over with the original sim15 kinematics model file and bring in your machine assembly file and then replace each kinematic component with the new one. Use the preview motion tab to check the motion of each newly replaced component. Make sure you do not change the names of any components or axis. When you are done, make sure to import axis and channel data, define kinematic chains, and channel configuration from within machine tool builder. This should get you back on track.

Best of luck.

Learn online

Solution Information