Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem facing while Specifying Stream line in Veriable contour setup Dialouge.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi allCan not build grid.JPGCapture.JPG

i am facing a problem while set up  of Multi-axis veriable contour. I can not select multiple surfaces for the operation on the part as it returns a error "Can not build grid". 

I am also trying to select Cross and Flow stream lines but still unsucessful.

Part model is attached here . Please help me in solving my problem and oblidged.

4 REPLIES

Re: Problem facing while Specifying Stream line in Veriable contour setup Dialouge.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

I've reselectred the cut area, Flow / cross curves and tool axis / Projection settings and was abale to get a reasonable path (operation VARIABLE_STREAMLINE_ON):

Streamline_on.jpg

(on the fillet area the stepover coule be better..)

On 12.0.1 we will release a new Drive method called "Variable Axis Guiding Curves". for tools having a ball tip shape it generates various patterns on the cut area without projection. this make it ideal to cut any number of surfaces, including undercuts and other complex situations. Through the Early Adopters Project (EAP) we have a preview version on top pf 11.0.2, so I've created a few patterns which you can check out (ones starting with 'VAGC_'). unless you have the EAP version and appropriate ENVs you cannot edit or regenerate it.

VAGC_Constant_1.jpgVAGC_CONSTANT_OFFSET_1VAGC_Constant_2.jpgVAGC_CONSTANT_OFFSET_2VAGC_Constant_Arbitrary_guide.jpgVAGC_CONSTANT_OFFSET_ARBITRARY_GUIDEVAGC_morph1.jpgVAGC_MORPHING_1VAGC_morph2.jpgVAGC_MORPHING_2

EnjoySmiley Happy

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Re: Problem facing while Specifying Stream line in Veriable contour setup Dialouge.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi i was doing mistake in specifying Stream lines and now my problem is solved. For that bundle of thanks

Legend
Legend

@Eddy_Finaro wrote:

On 12.0.1 we will release a new Drive method called "Variable Axis Guiding Curves". for tools having a ball tip shape it generates various patterns on the cut area without projection. this make it ideal to cut any number of surfaces, including undercuts and other complex situations.

Nice work, kudos. Looking forward as this will help in many scenarios.

Charles

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

CWilson and Others,

If you are interested to try it out today - you are welcome to join the EAP. 

We will be happy to get your feedback and make sure the released product is of good quality and address the market needs. You will get early access to the new developed functionality and can drive it to the use cases your company is interested in.

Yours,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information