Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with setting up simulation tools/IPW

I am running into a few problems with simulation on a lathe. I am using the standard sim11 lathe and trying to run my own part and tools on it to test it out.

Issue one is the IPW. I did define the part in the machine setup. It could be multiple setups, but not sure what that could mean.

I am also trying to setup a turning tool to use. The OTB tools from siemens are working fine. I copied a tool, replaced the holder and insert with a different one and it worked fine, but my zero point was off. It seems that after going to machine tool builder mode, inserted a tool base component and then defined my points, I get a error using the tool. When I simulate path it says that the given junction name is invalid. Not sure why this is. The OTB tools don't have this, and noticed that they have an attribute G4ATT_LQ(1) with a location. This is not how the documentation in the help file says to do this.

Using NX 8.0.3.4
2 REPLIES

Re: Problems with setting up simulation tools/IPW

What is the geometry view of the ONT looking like?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: Problems with setting up simulation tools/IPW

I just tested it today and the IPW seems to be a bug in NX9 which is what I was using to test simulation. I tried it in NX10 and it is fine.

As for picking the tracking point for the tool, does everyone change the attribute or use machine tool builder?

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Learn online

Solution Information