Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

ROBOT MACHINING- axis configuration

Hello,

I would like to keep the robot fix at a position and only the workpiece should turn.
The tool is fixed at the same position but after a 90° workpiece's rotation the robot moves to a different configuration and it continue the operation. Tool doesn't change the position and for this reason I don't understand why robot's arms moves up to a different configuration. 

Attached you can find the .prt file and an explanation with some pictures( file .pdf).

I think that I have to set some robotic rules but they are not so easy to undestand.

Thanks,
Marco

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by MarkRief (VIP)
‎07-06-2016 12:22 PM

Re: ROBOT MACHINING- axis configuration

Hi Marco,

The reason you see those excessive moves is that the tool orientation is considered relative to part, so after 90 degrees the system "sees" a mirror image of the part.

I am not sure which version you use, but a while back we resolved this scenarion by adding a new Tool Orientation option called "Fixed Absolute". See the picture attached.

The latest (and greatest..) version is available through a Hot Fix on top of 10.0.3 and I suugest using it. beyond this enhancement the HF contains a lot of usability enhancements to make the user workflow more fluent.

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Hi Eddy,

I'm using version 10.0.3.5.
But I see some differences. I can's find the window "Robot control" that you showed me in the picture.
About the orientation mode I can't choose "Fixed Absolute".

Can you help me?

Thanks,
Marco

attached you can see two pictures.

Hi,

Please download the HF NXCAM-beta-hf1_nx1003-base_27apr16_win64.zip from GTAC. it has all the latest changes and appropriate documentations. Please note that it has to be installed on 10.0.3.5 with no MPs. Hope you will find it useful.

After installing and using it - I'd like to hear your feedback (good and bad) on the new interface and options. Please contact me directly at eddy.finaro@siemens.com  

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information