Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for NX

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I know this isn't the right spot to post software recommenation but I have two that I would like to propose. 

First as an American, when making a hole under the drill catagories, I would like to see the decimal value next to the drill name for example:

Drill 41/64 - (.6406)

Drill T - (.358)

Drill #14 - (.182)

I understand with the metric drills this isn't an issue but I rarely work with them. When trying to model as fast a possible this would allow me to quickly see what I need rather than look at me chart to figure out which drill is which. Same with the threaded holes. If I for instance pick the tap #10-32 it auto fills in the drill size as .159. It would be nice to see next to that (#21) so when I go into manufacturing I know exactly which drill to pick. This would help out when using more uncommon drill sizes. Furthermore it would be nice to see the Major diameter of the Tap too. Going back to #10-32, the drop down could read:

10-32 = (.190)

Next I could like to see a sketch option for slots. The Feature option for a create a lot is very clunky and in my opion out of date compared to other software platforms. It is fairly common for me and I'm sure other people that we have to redraw prints from customers who have dimensioned there slots in an inconvenient manner that more than likely makes using the Feature slot option obsolete. I would strongly like to see a function where I could sketch a slot and dimension it just like creating a rectangle and then subract extrude it from the part. Currently I have to make a rectangle and then either add tangent arcs to the sides of it or fillet it to make a slot. For the sake a modeling as fast a possible a sketch slot option would be wonderful. 

As a person who models and does the Cam programming for customers these to option would be a great help. 

Thanks for reading.

If anyone could post me the link to the Gtac software recommendations url, that would be great. 

Thanks again. 

6 REPLIES

Re: Recommendations for NX

Legend
Legend

For your second question why dont you use Synchronize modeling to move face to dimension your slot how you want it instead of making a new slot in a sketch?

NX11.0.1

Legend
Legend

guarda questo

https://youtu.be/2DL1Vf2Ve_c

ciao

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Lbonomi,

Thanks a lot! I haven't played around with the reuse library at all. Maybe its time I give it a go. Also, I didn't know you could manually edit those values for the drill. I'll have to take the time to do that one day. 

Thanks again. 

@Imperial, if you want this moved to the Design forum, let me know. There might be more interested users there.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sure, although Ibonomi gave me a solution it would still be nice to have I believe. Ill post to the design forum next time. I wasn't really sure where to post, I just knew it wasn't here.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Imperial wrote:

If anyone could post me the link to the Gtac software recommendations url, that would be great. 

Thanks again. 

There is no separate URL, you just open an issue, like you do for problems and tell them that this issue is an enhancement request.

Below find the ER template:

ER Template
                            -----------

* Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>

* What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?

* What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)

* Do you currently have a workaround?

* Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?

* What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
    HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW

* Other information:

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information