Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangle Broaching Tool

Legend
Legend

Is there a way to create a rectangle tool in NX for milling? I'd like to simulate the broaching operation.

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited
4 REPLIES

Re: Rectangle Broaching Tool

If you are driving it like an end mill, then add a part file for a library tool. Here a solid part or assembly is associated with a parametric tool, such as a mill.

If you are driving with generic motion, you can use a Solid Tool. Here there is no parametric tool - only the solid and CSYS to locate it. Search for "Solid Tool" and "Add a solid tool to the tool library" in the help.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Legend
Legend

Bumping this thread up from the past.

I got the tool to be correct using tool assembly however NX spins it when creating the cut. So my rectange broach still cuts a hole and not a square corner . Not a huge deal just nice to verify it.

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Verifying with machine simulation? I think its not possible.

Did you see this thread?

BTW, how do you define your operations for broaching? Creating curve sets for features and then using those within the contour ops curve/point drive methods is a long way to go, any better methods?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi        

Edit the assembly Tool in the library and using the machine tool navigator see if you have the "Cutting_Spun" and / or "Non_Cutting_Spun" defined. if you have tose - simply delete them.

Spun Tool.jpg

to get them back right click on a component and select the Spin Geometry (which you don't want in the case of Broaching..)

Yours,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information