Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reduce the linear moves in streamline-operation

[ Edited ]

Hello! Is there a possibility to reduce the linear moves which are going to the same direction in a streamline-operation? The Operationtyp is a "Fixed-axis Surface Contouring"

2017-02-14 08_15_43-NX 10 - Fertigung - [D1960677_0-base body (Modifiziert, Schreibgeschützt) ].png2017-02-14 08_16_14-Informationen.png

The path could be reduced from hundreds of GOTOs to only a few GOTOs because most of them have the same direction.

Thank you all.

Werner

7 REPLIES

Re: Reduce the linear moves in streamline-operation

sound logical,

You should attach a sample part

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

If the face is flat, there should not be intermediate points. We need to see the part and operation settings to help.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

What is set in Cutting parameters -> More tab -> Cut step / max step?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Hello. In attachement you find the part. It's test_streamline.prt
You find 3 operations. In the first is exact the toolpath that we want, but with toooooooo much linear moves. It's made without a cut area. The second is with 3 cut areas and less linear move but with strange pathes inside. The third ist with one extended face as cut area and with the best number of linear moves but also with very strange pathes inside. Where do this strange pathes come from?

[ Edited ]

For your problem ,for the first operation, i have changed  in tab "streamline drive method" the cut step number to tolerances with > 0.02 intol & 0.02 outol, it reduces the linear moves ,I think that you can apply this parameter to other operations.

Out of curiosity , why are you using "fixed contour" for this type of operation ?

@mkn

Yes ... why are you using streamline for this??

NX11.0.1

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your tip.

I know, there are hundreds of ways to create this path. In the corners on top there are claws and the programmer wants to have exact this path. This is the artistic freedom Smiley Frustrated of the programmer. They are artists too, not only the designers. Smiley Wink

Werner

Learn online

Solution Information