Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove first page of OWI Pdf output

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

Hello experts.
I'm warm up again my customization process of owi sheets in  the company i work. I'm already did a lot of customizations in the owi, but now, i've been facing a problem in remove the first page of the pdf generated. I found a way (which i believe be the hard way) to remove, which consist in the create a custom work instruction builder with a custom pdf generator. I'm want to know if someone did something more easy to remove only the first page of the pdf generated or have another idea of what can be done. Follow attached a sample of my custom owi sheet

With best regards
Marco Silva

4 REPLIES

Re: Remove first page of OWI Pdf output

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello
I'm intrested in your way to customize the pdf output...
Let me know if there is a way to customize the first page. I would like to change the language in the first sheet. Or delete the first page.
Thank you

Production: {NX 10.0.3.5 MP18}
Testing: {NX 12.0.2.9 MP01}

Siemens Pioneer
Hello Bernhard,
I customized my sheets using nxonpen. I created the output using owi, and then, i manipulate the output with nxopen before the conversion to pdf. The biggest problem i've been facing is the first page (whic is the reason of this topic). i need an easy way to remove the first page before translation to pdf. To change the first page values i found a way, but my idea is remove the first page.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Maybe it helps to use the PDFSharp libraries in your project. With this you can create/ rework/ remove single pages in your created pdf and a lot more Smiley Happy

Just as a sample i used for merging pdf's...i am sure you can transfer this to your challenge.

// Open the document to import pages from it.
PdfDocument inputDocument = PdfReader.Open(file, PdfDocumentOpenMode.Import);

// Iterate pages
int count = inputDocument.PageCount;
for (int idx = 0; idx < count; idx++)
{
// Get the page from the external document...
PdfPage page = inputDocument.Pages[idx];

// ...and add it to the output document.
outputDocument.AddPage(page);
}
}

// Save the document...
filename = folder + "tmp.pdf";
outputDocument.Save(filename);

Best regards

Thomas

Siemens Pioneer
Hello @ThomasJ.
Thanks for your feedback. I've been thinking in something as you proposed. My main idea was generate the output directly without the 1st page, but another condition is in this way you proposed.

I'll made in this way, but i don't know if this could work because the time of the generation of the output is different.. I'll try and then i'll provide a feedback.

Learn online

Solution Information