Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resequencing NC blocks

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Just wondering,Is there any method to resequence the Post output.As I had deleted some blocks inbetween and I want to resequence the codes again.

FOR EXAMPLE : there is a NC program with 100 lines with line number starting from N5 .....N500 ,suppose I had deleted line number N25,N45,N100 ,now i wanted to resequence everything so that there will not be gaps in line numbers inbetween.

please suggest.

I am using NX9

Many Thanks,

1 REPLY

Re: Resequencing NC blocks

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If you are deleting the lines in the posted outut, you'll probably have to write your own or use an NC program editor (Dostek & Predator come to mind, I'm sure there are others out there, I am *assuming* they have this functionality)

I've never tried to do this, to me they're "just numbers" and if a few are missing, I've never cared...

The other option is to figure out how to suppress the relevant lines in the post, so they never get output (which would be my preferred approach, so NO manual editing is required - IMHO, manual editing only gets you into trouble, when you forget to do the edits in the crush of getting a fix out to the floor)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information