Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Rigid Tapping Feedout Speed

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to create a UDE that would increase the spindle speed and synchronization feed of a rigid tapping cycle when reversing out of a hole. This could save a ton of time when tapping multiple deep holes at zero cost. 

Is there a way to do this and could you provide an example of a way to add this if it is possible?

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES

Re: Rigid Tapping Feedout Speed

Fom what I've seen this is controlled by the machine, unless you have a Siemens control, where you can SST1 to specify a retraction speed (param may change depending on exactly which Siemens control you have, and what version it is).

On Mazak machines I've seen you can specify H parameter on G84 (again, this may depend on machine/control version).

Other machines it is not controllable (at least not in the program, there may be a param you can set on the control to boost the retract speed)

I use a UDE to specify this value.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Well if its only on the machine control side I don't my current VMC is capable of this then.
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Imperial
‎03-24-2017 06:50 PM

This should be part of the cycle in the CNC control. You cna check the programming manual for a parameter for the cycle, but I doubt there is one. On some controls you can edit the subroutine for the cycle. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information