Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Rigid Tapping Issue

Hi,

I'm having an issue I never ran into before and luckily I was able to stop the machine before it crashed. The attachment is a text file of my code. What is happening is that I'm starting of first tapping operation and it run just fine. Then I do a tool change to the next tapping operation with t17 and you can see on line n29 the code is missing the G84.2. I have never had this issue before. 

I haven't change the post in quite some time though I noticed its not posting a "M29 S" anymore. Looking at an older post the M29 S would have been between line n9 and n10. I don't think this is needed, I just noticed its not there anymore. 

I will also share my post.

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Rigid Tapping Issue

I am not a post expert, but I would look at the logic in determining the first hole. If you look at pb_cmd_output_M29_to_active_rigid_tap, this is what it checks for. It sould also explain the missing G84.2 if the post thinks it is not the first hole. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

How do I go about checking that and what should I look for?

Thanks

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Imperial
‎06-10-2016 02:35 PM

Hi,

To resolve this issue, you can create a new custom command containing the text below.

MOM_force once tap_string

And than add this custom command in Cycle Off Event.

Untitled.png

I hope this help.

Jean Marcel
PLMPRO
www.plmpro.com.br

So the g80 wasn't enough to reset the cycle huh? This worked like a charm! Thanks for the quick responses, they were much appreciated!

[ Edited ]

Imperial

Indeed, this is necessary in your post, because the "tap_string" address is not part of the G_motion addresses.

So, for Tap Cycles the G80 (G_motion group) is not enough to reset "tap_string" (G84.n).

This is the reason you need to force the output of the "tap_string".

I hope this help.

Jean Marcel
PLMPRO
www.plmpro.com.br

Learn online

Solution Information