Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rotary FEEDs settings

Legend
Legend

I used to deal with the series of Mazaks like yours.
May be the option High Speed Control helps you. Very useful thing for multi-axis machining. Check if it exists in your machine configuration. Then you'll be able ISO code G5 P2 in your programs.

Your machine model is new enough, but before I have read that problem of dynamics took place in old models, and the solution was "inverse time feed". For example, see: https://www.mazakusa.com/news-events/company-news/specialty-turbomachinery-shop-gains-vertical-versa...

I think they did something like my logic above.

Legend
Legend
Extremely informative. Thanks to OP for asking at the first place and to Frobi for making me understand so much more on the subject. This would obviously explain why we are occasionally seeing feedrate 'spikes' on our 5ax here.

However the ootb FRN seems to be functioning well on our 4ax. Possibly Frobi's theory does not apply as the axis is fixed and tool point rules in 4ax.

You'd think Siemens got it right with 5ax and the supplied posts. I am a bit confused to see that this wasn't addressed by them however. Any reason as to why Siemens leaves it as-is?

Legend
Legend

I am not a Siemens employee, but I'll try to answer instead them. As far as I know there are many simulators over the world which besides simulation have additional functionality - optimization of NC programs. This module re-calculates and modifies program. It may split some motions, change feeds, etc. using all data of machine model. This is a reasonable idea, alternative of my solution "all-in-one postprocessor without model".
CSE-simulation has been developed very much for the last time. Thank Siemens for this great work. Maybe sometime in the future we'll see the same concept "simulation+optimization" here.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

jsut want to sayG93 on variaxis mazak seems working.

Dont know why I get small F values (example G93 F35 from G94 F1000), now it is way better (G93 F4000) and machining time match also better.

cheers

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Legend
Legend

I had great success with the FRN on a I700. Usually ran the G61.1 code as well

In G93mode the bigger the F number the slower you are going (more time to get from here to there)

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.2, MP4}

Learn online

Solution Information