Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Rotate CSYS in Machine Simulation

Is there a way to get a CSYS to rotate with the part when doing g-code machine simulation? My G56 should be at the center of the top of the part when at A-90 so I would normally locate it there on the model but when I run the simulation the part rotates and the CSYS does not. So I have to offset the CSYS to where it will be when the machine rotates to A-90.

The circled point is where the CSYS should be relative to the part. The CSYS you see on the screen is where I have to put it so when the trunnion rotates to A-90, the CSYS is in the correct location.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
14 REPLIES

Re: Rotate CSYS in Machine Simulation

By my opinion, MCS in CSE never change position and orientation. But if you use transformations - virtual MCS tralslated and rotated, as you want, but you cannot see it. I ask add possibility "see MCS transformation" to wishlist. It will be very usefull. 

For example, I can draw real position MCS with temp vectors, using API, but - not possible to start nxopen app from cse driver..

Why does it matter where it shows it on the screen during machine simulation?
NX11.0.1

Ithink it very useful when you tranlate and totate MCS with G68.2 or Cycle800.

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I should have explained it better. I create all of my MCS's on the part where they should be in the program. This is all done in relation to where the part is at the current time. But in simulation when the trunnion rotates the part up to A-90 the MCS stays where it is and causes the toolpath to be incorrect. I'm hoping that I am just missing a setting or something because its a pain to calculate where the zero will end up being when the trunnion rotates the part to a certain value.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

What is your MCS set to? Is it on use CYS rotation?
NX11.0.1

Why are you not using center of rotation? Leave all your MCS locations at x0y0z0 and rotate the angle to the correct position.
NX11.0.1

It was at Fixture Offset but i just tried CSYS Rotation and I got the same result.

This is where my zero is on the part.

Here is where it is when the part rotates.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

Change it to use main mcs and test
NX11.0.1

Same result.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information