Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SIEMENS NX CAM 5AXIS POWER

Legend
Legend

We(Plast-Met NX cam team) made a few test parts to have fun and experience.We tested 5axis variable contour operations,tube milling,blade machining also adaptive milling and we had good surface quality and solutions.

We are sharing to you,regards from Istanbul,TURKEYIMG-20181006-WA0004.jpgIMG-20181006-WA0002.jpgIMG-20190207-WA0001.jpgDSC_1085.JPGDSC_1086.JPGDSC_1087.JPGDSC_1088.JPG

(view in My Videos)
(view in My Videos)

-----------------------------------------
NX 12.0.2.9 MP5 / Testing NX 1847
CanikSoft NC Post-Processing & G-Code Simulation
www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com
8 REPLIES

Re: SIEMENS NX CAM 5AXIS POWER

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This looks amazing! :-) Very good job.

Unicorns are very popular these days and I see they have now entered manufacturing as well.

Lead Product Manager - Mold & Die

Experimenter
Experimenter

Nice try Blisk no bucketing in aerofoil. Nice wide gap between blades. Same for impeller and noticed chater near edges. Test pieces nice but not real world

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Very Nice, do you share these on Instagram and Youtube also?

Legend
Legend

No,just share with this forum.

www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Really nice ! Thanks for sharing. Anything tips you can share with the community how on to achiever such surface finish, recommendation on toolpath/operation ? 

Legend
Legend

Of course,There are lots of conditions to get good surface quality.

But while creating 5axis toolpaths,especially tool axis movements must be fluently,so users should know to prefer which tool axis option best for their job.at this HEAD part file while finishing,I used normal to drive geometry for tool axis and helical toolpath option with 0.0004 scallop value.Tool diameter is 6mm ball mill.I will share this head prt file with forum for user can see step by step how we machined it.

Actually we dont use 5axis toolpaths very much,Because we are in automotive sector.3+2 machining is enough for us most of the time.But we are very curious about 5axis machining and  we sometimes have parts which must be milling simultaneous.

www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com

Legend
Legend

I am curious about tolerance values on operation with the head part. THanks for sharing!

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited

Genius
Genius
Hello
Could you share your CAM part file so others can learn from your surface finish skills with a workpiece picture?
Thanks

Learn online

Solution Information