Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM09 Millturn example cutter compensation

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I'm trying to create a machine sim kit using the SIM09 millturn with Siemens 840D sample as my starting point.  It seems to me that this simulation example doesn't seem to care what this setting is:

Simulation Settings--->Advanced--->Use Tool Radius for Cutter Compensation

For milling toolpaths, we set the radius value in the machine to zero.  This simulation example seems to only work with the full radius of the tool, and outputting contact data.

Has anyone encountered this?  Would it be possible to change this to work with tool radius zero?

Regards,

Stryker

NX version 12.0.1.7

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SIM09 Millturn example cutter compensation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Stryker,

good observation. The OOTB Sinumerik examples work with tool data defined in a file called to_ini.ini.

The post creates that file automatically and always use the tool radius as correction value.

If you want to go with 0 tool radius, it is needed to change the variable e.g. $TC_DP6[1,1]=0.0 instead of the radius.

That can be easily achieved by change the output value as the post creates these values.

This is how it is today in teh Post Configurator post (search for append TC_DP6)

if {([string match "Milling" $mom_isv_tool_type($i)] ||[string match "Drilling" $mom_isv_tool_type($i)]) &&  [info exists mom_isv_tool_r_correction($i,$j)]} {
set temp [format "%-.4f" [LIB_SPF_convert_unit $mom_isv_tool_r_correction($i,$j) "" [CONF_SPF_file output_unit_to_ini]]]
append tool_info "\$TC_DP6\[$index,$mom_isv_tool_adjust_register($i,$j)\]=$temp\n"
} elseif {[info exists mom_isv_tool_nose_radius($i)]} {
set temp [format "%-.4f" [LIB_SPF_convert_unit $mom_isv_tool_nose_radius($i) "" [CONF_SPF_file output_unit_to_ini]]]
append tool_info "\$TC_DP6\[$index,$mom_isv_tool_adjust_register($i,$j)\]=$temp\n"
}

I suggest to change that to:

if {([string match "Milling" $mom_isv_tool_type($i)] ||[string match "Drilling" $mom_isv_tool_type($i)]) &&  [info exists mom_isv_tool_r_correction($i,$j)]} {
set temp [format "%-.4f" [LIB_SPF_convert_unit $mom_isv_tool_r_correction($i,$j) "" [CONF_SPF_file output_unit_to_ini]]]
append tool_info "\$TC_DP6\[$index,$mom_isv_tool_adjust_register($i,$j)\]=0.0\n"
} elseif {[info exists mom_isv_tool_nose_radius($i)]} {
set temp [format "%-.4f" [LIB_SPF_convert_unit $mom_isv_tool_nose_radius($i) "" [CONF_SPF_file output_unit_to_ini]]]
append tool_info "\$TC_DP6\[$index,$mom_isv_tool_adjust_register($i,$j)\]=0.0\n"
}

You will find that code here:

to_ini-fiel-PC.png

Hope that will do it

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Re: SIM09 Millturn example cutter compensation

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your quick response.  I am using the postbuilder version of this sim kit, and I had come up with the dirty solution to just "#" block out the line you referenced, but in the simulation.ini file.  It seemed to work but was missing the entire "$TC_DP6[1,1]=" line in the .ini file.  Simulation ran fine but I like your solution better and I have changed it so now it still outputs the line but with zero values.  Thanks so much for your help!

Stryker

Learn online

Solution Information