cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYS_CYCLE-Extension possible for MKE ???

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to have the SYS_CYCLE-Extensions in MKE like "normal" UDEs?

For example I want to use the Siemens_Cycles.cdl and I want to define the parameters inside MKE. What do I have to do?

5 REPLIES

Re: SYS_CYCLE-Extension possible for MKE ???

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

SYS_CYCLE is not needed in MKE, it is only displayed in NX.

For MKE there are the accompanying UDE definitions, that you can use, you will have to use open with update to add any changes of your CAM environment to the MKE project.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

More or less UDES and SYS_CYCLEs have the same meaning: To provide additional information for the PP to output a cycle. SYS_CYCLEs are just fine, among other things, I can give to an image for explanation ... According to your information, I would have the parameters once as SYS_CYCLE- (without MKE) and deploy once as UDE parameters (for MKE). Is it really not possible to add the SYS_CYCLE-Parameters to MKE-Operations?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have you checked the add-ons tab if the sys_cycles are there?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
SYS_CYCLE extensions will be picked up in the exact same way as new cycles, new UDE's or extensions to existing UDE's. You add them to the your ude.cdl file, start the MKE and do an "Open and Update" instead of the regular "Open" to update the customization. Please provide a sample of your ude.cdl file if you can't get it to work and we'll be happy to take a closer look. Tom van 't Erve NX CAM Development

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK, great. We've tested it. It works fine.

Learn online

Solution Information