cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save IPW as Part File in NX10

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi All!

The NX10 after simulation with the option “Save IPW as Part File” IPW are saved for each machining. How to do that would IPW stored once at the end of the simulation? In previous versions of IPW to save once at the end of the simulation. I looked all the settings - a solution is not found.

Thanks

NX 10.0.1.4 MP4

6 REPLIES

Re: Save IPW as Part File in NX10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello

when you wrote:

"...In previous versions of IPW to save once at the end of the simulation..."

could you please let me know in which version that happens and how you do this - Verify, ISV internal or external simulation etc.?

Usually we save one IPW per operation.

Thanks

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Siemens Phenom

Addition!

Further I found that the behaviour was in one previous version different like you described. Only at the end of the simulation one IPW was created on last operation.

That was seen and interpreted as a problem and reported to TAC and so we fixed it in NX10.0.1

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

1) I work in the version of NX 10.0.1.4 MP4
2) I'm doing an internal simulation
3) The simulation runs as follows. (see picture Save IPW.png) I get up in the program group P01_01, click "Simulate Machine" - "Simulation Setting" - "Save as Part File" - "Ok". At the same time collision detection is enabled, "Show 3D Material Removal" is enabled. Operation P01_01 includes 19 paths. At the end of each simulation path component IPW is created in the Navigator assembly. As a result, after the simulation 19 components is created.

Testing has shown that this problem was not the solved in NX 10.0.1.4 MP4. On GTAC created PR. Let's wait for the updates.

Siemens Phenom

Sorry I was unclear and was misunderstood.

The fact, that only one part file for the last operation is created is the bug.

It was designed to have one part file per operation and that was fixed in NX10.0.1.

Now the system creates for each operation one part file.

What you like to see is an valid, but additional enhancement.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

Maybe create a IPW file for each operation is good, but in the processing project have 150 operations. The system stops at the end of each operation, and saves the IPW file.  In result a long time verification. In the folder is created 150 extra files.

As I think, the user must be able to choose how to save the IPW file - at the end of each operation, or once at the end of the verification.

Learn online

Solution Information