Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Save; Save As; Save and Close; and default settings to map directories.

I am having a problem with saving old and new part files during a session to different directories.

During a session I will be in and out of different directories during the day and files are not consistently mapping to their directory of origin.

I cannot find the preference setting to set this mapping directory function.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES

Re: Save; Save As; Save and Close; and default settings to map directories.

Does this scenario sound familiar: If we specify a folder it will remember that path but if you don't specify a folder and do a save as it does not remember where we saved a file to?

In NX10 there is an issue with that and I believe there are IR's but I am not sure if they have been turned into PR's yet. I would contact GTAC, open an IR and get linked to any PR's on the problem. I'm not sure if Siemens has changed it so we are supposed to set a working folder, like Pro, or whether this is a bug but this is very annoying behavior. If we are supposed set the working folder then Siemens has eliminated the abilty to save to previosly saved paths.

As for me I like the old behavior, without a doubt.  Our job folders typically contain 3-5 sub folders so when I work on many different jobs and then have to work in sub folders the new behavior is quite cumbersome and time consuming.  Call me old fashioned but I believe in less clicks; not more.  

NX 11.0.2

This is not a CAM issue. You might get more discussion in the Design Forum

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Perhaps but it exists for any NX prt file; it doesn't matter if it is CAD, CAM or CAE.

NX 11.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information